Navy beans are a small variety of kidney bean; It is also known as the beautiful bean. They are also related to other white beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans. This soup has fire-roasted tomato, which gives it a smoky flavour. Fire-roasted tomatoes are readily available in grocery stores. The sundried tomato has chewy texture and beans give the soup nutty flavour. Perfect with bread stick, dip it and eat it.
- 3 cup Navy Beans, caned
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 14 oz can Fire Roasted Tomato, chopped
- 1 small Carrot, chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- 3-1/2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 3/4 cup dried Small Shell Pasta
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, shavings
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in pan on medium heat. Add sliced onions with little amount of salt until soft.
2. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, carrots, oregano, sundried tomato. Stir well and leave for 3-4 minutes.
3. Now add beans and vegetable stock. Cover and bring it to the boil and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Add the pasta to the pan, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender but aldente.
6. Add chopped parsley, stir well.
7. Serve hot with parmesan shavings.
If you are planning to serve the soup after some time, plan to cook pasta later and than add them in soup; otherwise, pasta will become too big by soaking all the water.
This is my entry to AWED :Italiano hosted by Dhivya.