Hi All, I am back. Thank you so much all for your concerns about my health. It’s really touching. I missed all of you and some great recipes :(( This brings me to my new recipe post, Poha Khaman.
I love Khaman. It is my all time anytime favorite snack. It is very easy to make. This one is made with Poha and spices. The texture of this snack is very soft and taste is sweet and savory. The toppings add more flavor to the original taste of Khaman. Poha Khaman are usually served with tomato and onion salad. This can be served as a appetizer too. The twist is garlic wafers which make this Khaman recipe unique. Each bite is filled with khatta-mitha, garlicky, and spicy flavor.
- 2 cups Poha, thick
- 3 tbsp Gram Flour
- 1/2 cup Yogurt, bitten
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Green Peas, boiled
- 1 tbsp Green Chilli, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Asafetida
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
-- Other Ingredients
- 1 Tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small Red Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mint, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, thinly sliced
- Pinch of Red Chilli powder
- Chat Masala to taste
- Salt to taste
1. Wash Poha well and soak for 10-15 minutes after draining water.
2. In Pan, toast gram flour until its little golden or until it is toasted.
3. Heat oil in pan. First cook slice of one garlic until its golden brown. Put it on paper towel to remove extra oil. It should look like a wafer.
4. In the same oil, add mustard seeds. When they start to crackle, add cumin seeds.
5. Add curry leaves, garlic, ginger. Sauté for 1 minute.
6. Add green chilli, gram flour. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
7. In Poha, add salt, sugar, asafetida, sesame seeds, and lemon juice. Mix well.
8. After 2-3 minutes, add green peas, Poha mixture in pan, with water, and yogurt. Mix well, and cook on low heat for 12-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
9. Grease deep dish with little oil. Pour Poha Khaman into the dish and let them set for 10 minutes. Cut them into the pieces after they set.
11. In the mean time, mix tomato, onion, cilantro, mint, red chilli powder, chat masala, and salt.
12. Serve Poha Khaman with tomato and onion mix on top.
This is my entry to - Shama's Fast Food Poha Event
Now to Awards…..A Two Awards, at that....Hurrayyy :)))
Dear friends, My fellow blogger Divya, Shubha, and Meera passed this rocking award for "Rocking Girl Blogger" to me.
I am so excited and very happy. Thank You so much gals for this award:)))
I would love to pass on it to Kalai , Cham, Sukanya Ramkumar, Laavanya, Pearlsofeast, Uma, Prajusha
I also received this “Nice Matter Award” from dear Ranji and SwatiSwati. I really appreciate this lovely award, I am blushing :))) Thanks a ton.
“Nice Matters Award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.”
Now my turn to pass on this award. Sagari, Seena, Trupti, Pravs, Kamala, Asha.
Enjoy your awards gals. And Ya!!!! don’t forget to scream with happiness, like me :P