The pulav is usually made without Tadka. I tried to twist it a little without too many spice or ingredients. This is very light Pulav recipe. It is a combination of Jeera Rice and Pulav. This is the best way to use leftover rice, and its very different taste wise.
- 3 cups Rice, boiled
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mix Vegetables, boiled (Corn, Peas, Carrot, Green Beans etc)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, grated
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Dhania- Jeera powder
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Cilantro and Mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil and ghee in the pan. Add cloves, bay leaf and roast them for minute.
2. Add cumin seeds. When they start to brown, add shallots, garlic, ginger, green chilli, vegetables, and salt.
3. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add boiled rice and mix well. Cover pan with lid and cook for another 3-4 minutes on medium-low heat.
5. Add lemon juice, cilantro and mint. Mix well.
6. Serve hot with raita, dal or kadhi.
My Dear friend Uma passed me this beautiful award. I am really happy to recieve this award. Thank you sa much Uma :))
The award states that-These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement (? big word, lol). Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
I am sending these to Namratha, Subha, Chandani, Mahima, Ramya, Pallavi, Laavanya, and AnuSriram. Enjoy your award gals!!!