Dal Fry and Jeera rice are my family favorite meal. Whenever all my family members get to gather, all of them want dal fry. It is quick to make so we can spend more time playing cards, board games, gossips, laughs, and talks :))) Its best for cold winters as it can be cooked to be very spicy. I guess in every home they have their own dal fry recipe and I am sharing mine here.
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal
- 1/4 cup Chana Dal
- 1/8 cup Yellow Moong Dal
- Lemon Jiuce
- Pinch Of Hing
- Salt to taste
- Scallion, chopped
-- For Dal Fry Masala
- 1 Big Onion, chopped
- 2 Medium Tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1-2 Green Chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Dhania-Jeera Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 6-7 Curry Leaves
- 3-4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/8 tsp Fenugreek Seeds, cracked
1. Soak all the dals together for 5-6 hour. Pressure cook it until they become soft.
2. Heat oil in sauce pan, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle, then add cracked fenugreek seeds, curry leaves.
3. Add onion, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli, and little salt. Cook them on medium heat until they become soft.
4. Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, dhania-jeera powder, and 1 tbsp water.
5. Mix well, cover pan with lid, and cook this masala on medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes or until onion and tomatoes are cooked.
6. When you see oil and ghee start to get separated on the surface, add cooked dal, and stir it lightly. Also add 1 cup of water and mix them well.
6. Adjust salt and add lemon juice. Bring it to boil, and cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
7. Garnish with chopped scallions and serve piping hot.
1. Drizzle few drops of mango pickle oil while serving dal in bowl.
2. You can freeze this masala for 6-7 days in freezer.
3. Use 3-4 tbsp Dal Fry masala in pulav, or subjis.
Dear friend Jayanthy sharing this award with me, thanks you so much Jayanthy :)).
I want to share this award with all of you :)) Happy Holidays friends :))
Also Check out my upcoming posts..
Carrot Halwa Bar With Chocolate Ganache
Hot and Sour Asian Style Linguine