Carrot soup is right up there in the list of very famous soups, followed by tomato soup. It is popular all over the world, with every region having their own version. This is Thai flavored carrot soup. Thai flavor comes from lemongrass, coconut milk, and ginger. This soup has some Indian touch as well, with garlic and curry Powder. Roasted carrots make this soup more flavorful. This soup is very rich in texture and spicy in taste.
- 1 lb Carrot
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1-1/2 tsp Lemongrass, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Red Chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon Juice
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat oven at 400 degree.
2. Peel carrot and cut into small pieces.
3. Season carrot with little oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until carrots are tender and little golden brown.
4. In the mean time, heat oil in pan. Add onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, red chilli, cumin powder, curry powder, and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium-low heat.
5. Cover the pan with lid. Stir occasionally.
6. Add roasted carrot, coconut milk, vegetable stock, and salt. Bring to the boil.
7. Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 35-40 minutes.
8. Pour soup into the blender and blend to smooth.
9. Pour soup back into pan. Add cilantro and lemon juice. Simmer for 3 minutes.
10. Sprinkle some red pepper flacks and serve hot.