This is great weeknight dinner when tired from work or just don't want to cook anything too complicated. Super simple recipe with common ingredients readily available in the pantry. This Mexican rice is usually served with cheese enchiladas as a side dish.
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Hot Salsa,
- 1/4 cup Yellow Corn Kernel
- cup Black Beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 Jalapeno, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tbsp Scallions, chopped
- 1-1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
1.Heat oil in sauce pan, saute onion, garlic, jalapeno for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add rice and toast for 1 minute, and add taco seasoning, salsa, corn, black beans, cumin powder, scallions, and salt. Mix well.
3. Add vegetable broth, and bring it up to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover pan with lead and cook rice for 15-20 minutes.
4. Fluff up the rice with fork and add cilantro.
5. Serve hot with tortilla chips on side.
Tip :- Use grilled corn and roasted bell peppers to enhance the flavor even more.