In India two things you will find in every corner of the country. 1. Street Food, and 2. Masala Soda. Masala soda is basically soda with some spices. There are many versions of masala soda you will get it from the venders but most common is with lemon, ginger, cumin powder, mint, and rock salt. Here I am making the same but with twist in it. It's Adults only masala soda with splash of vodka with hint of thai chili. It's a great fusion cocktail. Make sure to remove all the seeds from the thai chili. One can use sparkling water instead of club soda as well.
You will need :-
Simple Sugar syrup or 1 tsp of Sugar
Himalayan Pink Salt or Black Salt
Thai Chili (Must remove all the seeds from inside and use smallest chili or use small piece of chili)
Fresh Mint leaves
Fresh Lime Juice
1. In mortar & pestle first lightly pound chili and ginger,
2. next add mint leaves, cumin powder, and salt,
3. Make coarsely ground paste.
4. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add paste in it.
5. Next squeeze fresh lime in it.
6. Pour 2-3 tbsp sugar syrup
8. Close the lid of shaker and shake vigorously.
9. Strain into a chilled glass.
10. Pour club soda in it and garnish with fresh mint leaves and chili pepper.
I enjoy this Masala Soda with cocktail Samosas smile emoticon