"Happy Raksha Bandhan" to you all. Pedas are the most famous sweet in India. Pedas are distributed when announcing marriage, birth of a child, a new home, a new car and all other happy occasions plus at festivals like Diwali. Mawa/Khoya, cardamon, Kesar(Saffron) are the traditional ingredients for the peda. The pedas at sweet shops in India take long time to make since the milk is boiled for hours to prepare Mawa/Khoya, the main ingredient. This is a super quick recipe with Khoya readily available in Indian stores and the use of Microwave makes it even faster.
For the holy festival of Rakhi, here's peda recipe. Enjoy this day :))
- 1 cup Mawa, grated
- 2 tbsp Condensed Milk or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Powdered Cardamom
- 5-6 Saffron stigmas, soak in 1 tbsp milk
- Almonds, Slivered
1. Mash Khoya with your palms in Microwave-safe bowl
2. Add Safforn and milk, cardamom powder, and condensed milk. Mix well.
3. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring well after every minute.
4. Let it cool little bit and make peda in your desired shape and put them on parchment paper.
5. Put slivered almonds on top of pedas.
6. Serve at room temperature.
Tip :- Use melon baller, smallest ice-cream scoop or measurement spoon to shape pedas to avoid greasing the palms with butter or ghee.
I am sending this peda to two events "Celebrate Sweets ~ Pedha " with Jagruti
“KIDS DELIGHT” with Pari Vasisht