This is South-Gujarat's one of the most common breakfast item. It is very simple to make since its left-over rotis with masala and thick yogurt. It is known as "Vaghareli Rotli" in Gujarati. This can be eat as a light lunch as well.
- 5-6 Rotis, Cooked and then torn to pieces
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Thick Yogurt
- Pinch of Hing
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in deep vessel with mustard and cumin seeds, until they crackle.
2. Add hing(Asafoetida), ginger-chili paste, turmeric, and curry leaves. Saute for minute.
3. Add water, salt and bring it to boil, then add rotis in it. Turn down the heat, Cover vessel with lid and cook rotis until all the water is aavaporated. Stir occasionally.
4. Add yogurt and stir. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Add cilantro and serve with hot tea.