First of all, I have news to share with all of you. I and my DH blessed with baby boy last month.. This will explain my prolonged absence from blog world. I hope to resume to active duty with this new blog entry. So lets us get to it right away.
This is healthy and flavor-full paratha recipe, however the taste is very different from regular paratha. The Green and Pigeon peas together make it a unique in texture, color, and taste. The texture is very soft, the color is green with tinge of regular parathas.
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Pigeon Peas, boiled
- 1/2 cup Green Peas, boiled
- 1/4 cup Cilantro and Mint
- 3-4 Green Chilli
- 1 Small peace of Ginger
- 1 tbsp Dhania-Jeera Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Asotida
- Salt to taste
1. Mix Pigeon peas, green peas, cilantro, mint, ginger, green chilli, dhania-jeera powder, asefotida, salt and lemon juice in blender to make it a puree.
2. Mix all the ingredients into the large bowl.
3. Knead the soft dough using little water. Keep aside for 1 hour.
4. Make lemon-sized balls from the dough.
5. Roll them with rolling pin.
6. Heat non stick skillet on medium-high heat.
7. Cook paratha on hot non-stick skillet.
8. Flip the thepla after one side is cooked a little bit, apply little oil on it.
9. Then flip to the other side and apply little more oil on that side, cook both sides until cooked.
Tip: Use cooking spray to control the amount of oil which goes into it.