Hi All, I missed many delicious posts and events during my short break from blogging. :(
This cake is another great combo of citrus and chocolate. This is soft and very moist cake. The lemon syrup adds juiciness to this cake. Don't be afraid to pour lemon syrup on cake, cake will absorb the syrup like a sponge and it will enhance taste to an extent.
- 1-1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 2 Whole Eggs + 1 Egg White
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3-1/2tbsp Unsweetend Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Boiling Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
-- For Lemon Syrup
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/8 cup Lemon Juice
1. Preheat oven on 350°F. Grease and flour cake pans. Set aside.
2. Mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder through sieve in large bowl.
3. Add sugar and mix with spoon. Add butter, vanilla, and beat with hand mixer on medium speed.
4. Add egg (One at a time) and beat on medium speed. Add milk and again beat on medium heat for 2 minutes.
5. Carefully add boiling water, and lemon zest. Stir well and pour this batter in cake pan.
6. Bake this cake for 30 to 35 minutes.
7. Cool the cake for 10-15 minutes and remove from the pan to wire wrack. Cool completely.
-- For Lemon Water
1. Mix sugar, water, and lemon juice in big mug, and microwave for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir well.
2. Poke cake with toothpick, or with wooden kabab skewers 7-8 time in cake.
3. Transfer your cake on cake base, and Pour little little amount of syrup on the cake with big spoon.
4. Dust some powder sugar on top of the cake, and serve.
I thought I would share some pictures of other cakes that I made...
-- Zebra Cake.
-- Chocolate Cake with Orange Marmalade Filling and Cover with ButterCream Icing.