To follow up the Profiteroles post, which seems like it was ages ago, here is the recipe for almost perfect filling for the Profiteroles. I used oregno and cheeses for the savory profiteroles. This one of my favorite filling recipe. Mascarpone and peas together taste divine. I added some fun ingredients to the filling like Chipotle pepper and white wine for some uniqe taste and texture. These Profiteroles with Mascarpone and Green Peas are very light and instantly melt in your mouth. My DH loves this Profiteroles :)
- 12-15 Profiteroles
- 1-1/2 cup Green Peas
- 2 Shalots, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone
- 1-1/2 tbsp Fat-Free Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Chipotle Pepper,
- 1 tbsp White Wine, (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Dill Leaves
- 1 tbsp Mint Leaves
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
1. Boil green peas for 2-3 minutes.
2. Heat oil in pan, saute shalots, garlic, little salt, and black pepper, until they become soft.
3. Add white wine, cook for a minute, turn off the gas, and add this mixter into blender.
4. In blender, add green peas and other filling ingeredients too.
5. Blend all together till smooth puree.
6. Transfer puree to a ziplock and snip one corner. Pipe puree in Profiteroles.
7. Transfer Filled Profiteroles in serving platter and serve with your favorite wine.