This is perfect drink for the hot summer days, complements sandwiches and pizzas at the picnics, and perfect by itself as well. This ice tea is sweet and florally-refreshing, and has some cick from the spices and fresh herbs. Refresh your palate with this cool drink.
- 4 Pomegranate Tea Bags
- 5 cups Water
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Ice Cubes
- Lemon Slices
-- For Spiced Syrup
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4-5 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Thyme Spring
- 1-1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
1. Combine all syrup ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil on over medium-high heat, stir occasionally.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved and the syrup is slightly thickened. Let it cool completely.
3. In the mean time, in a sauce pan, heat water to a rapid boil. Remove from heat and drop in the tea bags. Cover and let steep for 20-25 minutes.
4. Now discard the tea bags and let the tea cool completely.
5. Mix spiced syrup, lemon juice, and tea well in the pitcher and Refrigerate until chilled or atleast for an hour.
6. Add ice cubes in serving glasses, pour tea in it.
7. Put slice of lemon on top and serve.