Wass' up y'all ? Hope everyone had a great Diwali. Right after diwali weather starts getting colder and colder. For me and DH, piping hot soup with gram cracker or croutons is perfect dinner. Soups are healthy, satisfying, and feels you with warmth in cold nights, and not to mention very less dishwashing.
This is one of my favorite spicy soup and most ingredients will be mostly readily available in pantry. One can make their own salsa but that's a separate recipe for some other day, but I tried many different brands of store-bought salsas for this and I don't like anything better than Hot Pace Picante (One can use mild or medium) in this soup. I also add taco seasoning for more mexican flavor, but it is totally optional as per your taste buds.
- 1 cup Black Beans, boiled
- 1/2 cup Yellow Sweet Corn
- 1 Medium Potato, chopped
- 2 Jalapeño, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Hot Picante
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Taco Seasoning (Optional)
- 2-1/2 cups Vegetable Stock/Water
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
-- For Serving
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Tortilla Chips
1. Heat oil in soup pot/pan and cook potato and onion with pinch of salt for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add corn, black beans, jalapeño, picante, cumin powder, garlic powder, red chili powder, paprika, taco seasoning, and salt. Mix well and cook it for 2 minutes.
3. Add vegetable stock and bring it up to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer on medium low heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
4. Serve hot with dollop of sour cream, cheese, cilantro, and tortila chips.
This is my entry to Radhika's, Winter Carnival