First I would like to thanks Mosmi for this lovely recipe.:-) Me and DH loved it :) My mom is very happy to know that I started eating Tindora :) When I was kid, I used to hate it very much. Whenever Tindora served, I used to make excuses and distribute it among friends at school or my brother at home.
DH really likes tindora, and I used to make it for him and kind of started liking it a bit but this recipe made me fell in love with Tindora. :-) Simple and yummyyyy.
- 2-1/2 cups Tindora/Tondekai/Ivy Guard - Cut quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup Cashews - Soak in hot water for half hour
- 3-4 tbsp Grated coconut
- 3-4 Green Chilies, Slit
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Dash of Hing
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
1. Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds.
2. When they start to splutter, add urad dal, hing, green chilies, and sauté till urad dal is little golden.
3. Add turmeric, tindora, and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Now add little water in pan, cover pan with lid and cook for 10-15 minutes or till tindora is cooked on medium heat.
5. Add strain cashews, mix and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Turn of the heat, add coconut. Mix and Cover pan with lid, leave it for minute.
7. Garnish with cilantro, and serve hot with chapatis/rice.