This is yummy tangy dish. This is a makeover of regular chana masala. The tamarind makes this dish yumylicious. :)) I also used red onion to balance the tanginess of Tamarind. The red onion gives little sweet flavor so it is perfect with tamarind dish.
- 3 cups Garbanzo, cooked
- 2 Red Onions, chopped
- 1 Small Tomato, chopped
- 6 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp Ginger, grated
- 5-6 Green Chili, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Dhania-Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Anardana Powder
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Paste or to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3-4 Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in the pan. Add cumin seeds. When they start to brown, add curry leaves.
2. Add onion, tomato, garlic, ginger, green chili, turmeric, dhania-jeera powder, and salt. Mix well and cook until onion and tomato are cooked completely.
3. Add garbanzo, salt, garam masala, tamarind paste, and anardana powder. Add little water and mix well.
4. Cover with lid and cook for 12-15 minutes on medium-low heat.
5. Sprinkle chopped onion and serve hot with roti.