I love to try different side dishes. I love all kind of raitas, pickles, and salads, and this carrot raita is one of my favorite along with cucumber raita. This is my family's favorite too since my mom used to make it many times in the winter months. It tastes very well with most subjis, but according to me, It goes along perfectly with Kadhi-Rice and/or with Khaman.
This particular recipe has a perfect balance of sweet and sour. The sweetness of Carrot very nicely balances sourness from yogurt and tomato. The roasted chana/daliya gives it a wonderful smoky flavor.
- 3 Carrots, grated
- 1 Small Tomato, finally chopped
- 3 tbsp Daliya/Spit Roasted Chana
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Small Green Chilli, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
1. Roast daliya in pan until little golden brown. Keep aside and let it cool completely.
2. After cooling daliya, grind them coarse.
3. Mix all the ingredients in the bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning.
4. Serve with your favorite meal.