This is one of my favorite munchies of all time. Back in India, I and my father enjoyed chatpate chane from a lariwalla every friday while watching Antakshari and Saregamapa on Zee Tv. I always wanted to make these chane at home but never got the chance, until recently. With this same recipe one can use any nuts like Almonds, Cashew, etc.., but never roast chane and nuts together because chana takes much less time to roast then the nuts.
- 1 cup Roasted Chana/Garbanzo
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1-1/2 tsp Dhania-Jeera Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice or (1/2 tsp Citric Acid)
- 1-1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven on 275f.
2. Mix all ingredients into the bowl.
3. Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Ready to eat with your favorite Tv Show or movie ; ))