This is my DH's favorite dish to make when he is in the kitchen, which usually happens after very very long intervals :)). Because it is very simple yet tasty dal. This dal is heaven for garlic lovers. Your whole house will fill with aroma of garlic tadka. Recently when we came back from vacation, my DH made this as a surprise for me. Have this daal with rice or have it as a soup it's perfect light meal for you.
- 1 cup Toor/Tuvar Dal (Arhal Dal)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2-3 Whole Dry Red Chilli
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
-- For Tadka
6-8 Garlic Cloves, chopped
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1. Pressure cook toor dal with 2 cups of water.
2. Whisk the cooked dal until well blended.
3. In sauce pan, pour dal with turmeric, Asafoetida, cumin powder, dried red chilli, curry leaves, and salt.
4. Mix well and bring it to boil.
5. Heat oil along with chopped garlic, when they turn light brown. Turn off the heat and add cumin seeds.
6. Give Tadka to the dal and serve piping hot.
This is my entry to Priti's His Cooking Event.