These days I get less and less time to cook with my 1-year old (oh time flies, can't believe he is already 1), so usually I want to make something quick, which looks and taste great. This subji is perfect example for that. The paneer and bell peppers are usually cooked together in a sauce pan but bell peppers lose their color and crunch in some cases. I cooked these a little differently to not lose color and crunch. First, I cooked bell peppers in microwave and soak them into cold water. Then, I stir-fried them in Wok with paneer on high heat. This dish takes less than 15 minutes to cook. It works its wonders on the eyes and on test buds.
- 1 cup Paneer, bite size pices
- 1-1/2 cup Red, Green, and Yellow Bellpeppers. bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, plus half tsp extra
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Punjabi Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
- Pinch Of Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
1. In microwave safe bowl, mix bell peppers with little salt and water. Microwave for 2-3 minutes. Drain remaining water. After that soak them into cold water for a minute and drain well.
2. In the mean time, Mix half tsp oil, salt, garlic paste, cumin powder, turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala, amchur, and sugar.
3. Add paneer pieces and bellpeppers to the above mix and rub the mixer all over paneer and bell pepper.
4. Heat oil in Wok and stir fry for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat or until paneer is golden.
5. Squeeze some lemon juice on top and serve hot.
1. Please do not overcook in the Wok because paneer will be rubbery and chewy and bell peppers will lose their color and crunch.