This Chhole Pulav is very easy to make and tastes amazing. This dish is very comfy and perfect for busy weeknight dinner. I love to have this rice with Cucumber raita and radish salad. My 20-month old son is fan of this pulav. It is fun to watch him pick up rice and garbanzo with his small hands and then put entire finger in his mouth, dropping more on the floor than eating :))
- 2 cans Garbanzo, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Basmati Rice, boiled
- 1 Big Onion, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1-1/2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Pomegranate Powder
- 1 tbsp Chhole Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin-Coriander Powder
- 2 Green Chilies, chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3-4 Cloves
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro, chopped
1. Heat oil in pan, brown cumin seeds and cloves.
2. Add onion, ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, and tomato with little salt. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add tomato paste, turmeric, pomegranate powder, cumin-coriander powder, red chilli powder, and 1/8 cup of water. Mix very well, cover pan with lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Now add garbanzo beans, chhole masala, and salt to taste. Cook on medium-low heat cook until water is absorbed 90%.
5. Add boiled rice. Mix chhole and rice with fork.
6. Let the mixer cook on low heat for 5 min with lid.
7. Fluff up the rice once again, add cilantro and serve hot.