Theplas are staple food in Gujarati Cuisine. It is also called Dhebra in some part of Gujarat. Methi theplas are very popular. One can make theplas with wheat flour, jowar flour, besan, rice flour, and bajri flours with combinations of diffrent vegetables, It goes perfect with gravys and curries. They are perfect for breakfast too. This recipe is very similar to my Hariyali parathas but jowar flour with yogurt make them super soft and very tasty.
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Jowar Flour
- 1/2 cup Pigeon Peas, boiled
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
- 1/8 cup Mint
- 4 Green Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Light Brown Sugar or 1/2 tsp Jeggary
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch Of Asafetida
- Salt To Taste
1. Mix pigeon peas, green peas, mint, green chilies, ginger, and sesame seeds in food processor and make course paste.
2. Mix flours, hing, salt, oil, and sugar.
3. Now add peas mixer and yogurt to the flour. Add very little water and make dough.
4. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and set for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out theplas from the dough.
6. Heat non stick skillet on medium-high heat.
7. Cook theplas on hot non-stick skillet.
8. Flip the thepla after one side is cooked a little bit, apply little oil on it.
9. Then flip to the other side and apply little more oil on that side, cook both sides until cooked.
10. Serve this hot theplas with mint chutney, mango pickle, or with sweet chhunda.