Parmesan Crisps are the perfect with this soup. It is crispy, salty, and super tasty. I always add pinch of lemon zest to make them a little lighter, and give fragrance to it.
For Parmesan Crisps
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/8 tsp Lemon Zest (Optional)
- Pinch of Black Pepper, ground
1. Preheat oven on 400 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Pour 1 tsp parmesan cheese 1/2 inch apart on to silicon or parchment paper lined in baking sheet. Pat down little bit.
4. Bake for 4-5 minutes until golden and crisps.
For Tortellini Soup
- 2 Cups Cheese Tortellini
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3-4 Whole Black Pepper, roast and freshly groung
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Salt to taste
1. Cook Tortelling in salted boiling water till Al-dente. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in sauce pan on medium heat. Add chopped garlic and saute for 10 seconds.
3. Now add carrot, cabbage, little parsley, and shallot. Cook for 30 seconds.
4. At this point add vegetable broth in to the pan. Add salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and mix. Cover pan with lid and bring it to boil.
5. Add tortellini in it and simmer this soup for 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat.
6. Pour this hot soup in serving bowl, sprinkle fresh parsley on top and parmesan crisps on side.