Gujarati Thali is not complete without this Khatti-Mithi Potato Curry. This curry is very simple and you can easily find all the ingredients in your kitchen. One can serve this curry with Khichdi, Poori, or with Bajri Rotla.
3 Medium Red Potatoes, peeled and cut into the cubes
1 Small Tomato, chopped
1 tbsp Garlic Paste
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
1/2 tsp Cracked Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Hing
3 Whole Dry Red Chilies
10-12 Fresh Curry Leaves
1-1/2 tbsp Jaggery
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1-1/2 tsp Cumin-Coriander Powder
1-1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder or to taste
Salt to taste
2. Now add garlic paste, whole red chilies, and curry leaves. Saute for 10-12 seconds.
3. Add tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Time to add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and cumin-coriander powder. Mix well and let it cook for 12-15 seconds.
5. Add potatoes and mix.
6. Now pour 1-1/2 cups Water or vegetable Broth.
7. Add jaggery, and salt. Mix well and bring it to boil, cover pan with lid.
8. Now turn down heat on low and let the curry cook for 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
9. Squeeze 2 tbsp lime-lemon juice or to taste with chopped cilantro in curry. Mix well.
10. Serve hot with poori.