Hi All, Today I am sharing my DS's (Dear Son) favorite dish "PEAS PANEER MASALA" :). Star ingredient of this dish is "Tava Masala". I always use tava masala in this dish, it gives little smoky and tangy flavor. I didn't use any kind of milk or cream in it. To make this dish richer and creamier, I grated some paneer in the gravy. Grated paneer makes gravy little thicker, gives rich and creamy texture.
1. Make a paste of 1 Big Onion, 5 Garlic Cloves, 3 Green Chilies, 1 tbsp Ginger with little Salt.
2. Make Puree of 2 Medium Tomatoes.
3. Heat 4 tbsp Oil in pan, add 1 Bay Leaf, 2 Whole Dry Red Chili, and 3 Green Cardamom, roast it for 10 seconds.
4. Add 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds and 1 tsp of Fennel Seeds. Let them crackle.
5. Add onion puree in to the pan and cook it for 5-6 minutes.
6. Add tomato puree, mix and cook again for 4-5 minutes.
7. In the mean time. Mix 1-1/2 tsp Tava Masala, 1/2 tsp Garam Masala, 1 tsp Turmeric Powder, 1 tsp Red Chili Powder, 1 tbsp Cumin-Coriander Powder, 1/8 tsp Asafoetida, and Salt to taste. (If you don't have Tava Masala, you can use Chaat masala)
8. Next goes in masala mixture, mix it well and let it masala cook for 30 seconds.
9. Add 1 cup of water to the pan. Water help to make gravy. (One can use milk too)
10. Add Cubed Paneer and Thawed Green Peas. Mix well, cover pan with lid and let to cook for 12 minutes on medium low heat. Stir occasionally.
11. At last add 4-5 tbsp grated Paneer and 1-1/2 tsp Kasuri Methi. Stir well and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
12. 12. Serve piping hot Peas Paneer Masala with Naan or Roti or with Jeera Rice.