This is a unique dish. It is Indian aaloo paratha, made with heavy Italian touch. Its really a marriage of two different cuisine. The filling is prepared using common Italian herbs. The dough, however, is prepared with our Indian wheat flour. This dish can be eaten as weekend's late breakfast or heavy afternoon snack. Be sure serve hot for that wonderful melted cheese aroma.
-- For Dough
- 2-1/2 cups of Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black-pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 medium Boiled Potato, grated
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1-1/2 tbsp Chopped Black Olives
- 1-1/2 tbsp Red Chopped Bell Pepper
- 2 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Shredded Fontina Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1-1/2 tbsp mix Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 2-3 tbsp Marinara Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
1. Knead semi-soft wheat dough and keep aside.
2. Take large bowl and mix all filling ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings.
3. Make paratha, like regular aaloo paratha.
4. Sprinkle sliced olives, parmesan cheese, and chopped basil on each hot paratha.
4. Serve hot with warm marinara sauce on side. If not a Marinara sauce fan, use the same recipe with either Pesto or Alfredo sauce.