Lima beans are also known as butter beans, because of their starchy yet buttery texture. Also, lima beans are high in fiber. This soup has a wonderful combination of lima beans and cumin powder with mint for freshness and yogurt for savory kick. It is healthy and hearty. It is perfect if you want to skip a meal and not feel hungry.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Potatoes small, diced
- 1 lb Lima Beans, thawed
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 3-1/2 cup Vegetable Stock or Plain Water
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
-- For Garnish:-
- Plain Yogurt
- Fresh Mint springs
- Fresh Cilantro
1. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
2. Add the potatoes and let them cook for 5 minutes, keep stirring.
3. Add beans, water or stock, salt, and black pepper into the pan. Stir the mixture. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 30 minutes or until the beans and potatoes are tender.
4. Remove few vegetables with ladle and set aside. Place the remainder of the soup in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
5. Return the soup to a pan and add the vegetables which were kept aside. Add chopped mint, cumin powder. Stir well and reheat gently. Taste and adjust seasoning.
6. Transfer the soup to a warmed serving bowls, garnish with swirls of yogurt, cilantro, and mint springs.
There you have it, delicious and healthy soup.