Who doesn’t love paav bhaji, or fried rice for that matter? Actually, most of the street vendors of paav bhaji do sell pulav. I thought it would be wonderful to mix the two together, hence the recipe of Paav Bhaji style fried rice. This is also an Indo-Chinese combination. This dish has flavor of paav bhaji but prepared like fried rice. It combines basic ingredients from both dishes, making it fusion. Indian Chinese food is very popular, so keeping the trend alive too.Best way to use leftover rice.
- 4 cups Rice, cooked
- 2 Small Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce, canned
- 1 cup Boiled vegetables
- 3 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Paav Bhaji Masala
- 1-1/2 tsp Scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Green Chili, chopped
- 6 tbsp Oil
- White Vinegar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
1. Heat oil in pan. Add chopped onions with little salt and cook until onions are tender.
2. Add garlic, ginger and sauté for 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce, green chili, paav bhaji masala and red chili powder. Cook for 2 more minutes on medium-low heat.
3. Raise the heat on high. Add cooked rice, boiled vegetables, which has carrot, green peas, corn, green beans etc., with scallions, salt, and soy sauce.
4. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on high. Stir continuously.
5. Add white vinegar, mix well.
6. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.