This is one of my favorite side dish. The name 'Khaman' sounds a little weird for this recipe since it is miles away from Gujarati Khaman dish. My mom used to call this Cucumber Khaman, no idea why though, so I am calling it the same. In the original recipe, people use 'tadka' that is used for Khaman Dhokla with oil, mustard, and green chili etc. This one is oil free though. This is my mom's version. My mom always makes different cucumber dishes. I am a big fans of cucumber recipes, especially this one, since it is very simple to make with ample taste and it is healthy because its oil free.
- 1 English Cucumber, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Dalia
- 10-12 Peanuts
- 2-3 Thai Chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp Mint, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
1. Toast dalia, peanuts, and mustard seeds in pan. Let it cool.
2. Ground toasted mustard seeds. Ground toasted dalia and peanuts coarsely in food processor.
3. Squeeze water from cucumber.
4. In bowl, mix cucumber, daliya, peanuts, mustard, cilantro, mint, green chili, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Mix well until salt is dissolved in khaman.
5. Serve cool or on room temperature.
This is my entry to EasyCraft's Fun & Sun Event