This is a fusion salad dish. The main ingredients are two different kinds of sprouts. Sprouts are very important ingredient in vegetarian food world. Sprouts are very good for the digestive system. They have protein, minerals, vitamins etc. Sprouts can be used in salad, sandwich, and even in khichdi or biryani, curries. They are also very good in soups. In different recipes, sprouts can be used raw as well.
For this salad, I used two very common and popular sprouts, moong and brown chana(gram). For vinaigrette, I used aged balsamic vinegar and whole roasted garlic. The roasted garlic has wonderful smoky flavor and a great smell and the combination of garlic and balsamic vinegar goes a long way. In Indian recipes, we use these sprouts with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Here I used balsamic vinegar with roasted garlic which is very prominent in Italian cuisine to make a true fusion.
- 1 cup Sprout Moong
- 1 cup Sprout Brown Chana
- 1/4 cup Cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup Mooli, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Green Chili, chopped
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
-- For Vinaigrette
- 1 Big Whole Garlic
- 4 tbsp Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
1. Cook sprouts chana and moong in boiling water, until they are tender. Drain well.
2. Cut garlic into half. Season it with little salt, pepper. Drizzle olive oil on the cut side of the garlic.
3. Cover each half in aluminum foil and put in baking sheet. Roast them in oven for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan. Add cumin seeds, green chili, sprout moong, and sprout chana. Mix well and keep it warm on low heat.
4. Add salt, garam masala and let it warm in pan.
5. In the mean time, peel roasted garlic cloves. Add them in blender with oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, brown sugar and salt. Blend it and make thick vinaigrette.
6. Take out Beans in serving platter, Add tomato, mooli, cucumber, and vinaigrette. Mix well.
7. Serve warm or cool.
This is my entry to Divya's, Diet Foods Event