Tuscan cuisine, is famous for its natural and flavorful ingredients. Tuscan cuisine have most tasty olive oils, pasta, sea foods, and meats. Tuscan cuisine is also famous for its white truffles, which are very expensive. Tuscan chefs create exceptional dishes by using locally-pressed olive oils and truffles.
In Tuscan cooking, food is simple and easy to make. They use aromatic rosemary, sage, chestnuts, Pecorino Romano cheese in their dishes. Usually they cooked dishes with extra butter, olive oil, in soups, pastas and, dipping sauces. Vegetarians also find many choices as they uses fresh vegetables in their cuisine.
Moving on to the post, this is one of the most famous soup and is in the same bracket of Ribollita and Pappa al Pomodoro. This is very simple soup which looks heavy but it isn't at all. This soup is made with white Tuscan beans also known as cannellini beans. The cannellini beans are very creamy and rich in taste and so is the soup. For fragrance I used bay leaf and sage. The chives add freshness to the soup. They usually eat this soup with Ciabatta or Focaccia bread but I ate it with peas paratha and it was equally good.
- 1 (16 0z)can cannellini beans, drain and washed
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Grlic Clove, chopped
- 2 Sage Leaves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2-1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chives, chopped
1. Heat oil in sauce pan, saute onion, and garlic until onion is softened.
2. Add cannellini beans, water, sage leaves, bay leaf, salt and, pepper.
3. Mix well, cover with lid, and bring it up to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer on medium low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Take out bay leaf.
5. Pour soup into the blender and blend to smooth.
6. Return the soup to a pan and add milk. Stir and adjust seasoning.
7. Heat soup for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
8. Sprinkle chive on top and serve hot.