I love love love this salad, light, and very refreshing. There are loads of flavors in this one bowl of salad like garbanzo beans gives nutty flavor, roasted red bell pepper for smoky flavor, cucumber-almonds gives crunch, cranberries and orange gives fruity punch in salad. I whisked together balsamic vinegar with extra virgin olive oil and herbs, and tossed the salad....ahhhh delicious :)
- 1 cup Pearl Couscous
- 1-1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup Garbanzo Beans, boiled
- 1/2 cup Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup Black olives
- 1/2 cup Fresh Orange Segments
- 1 Big Roasted Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp Toasted Sliced Almonds
- 2 tbsp Dried Cranberry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Dry Basil
- 1/4 tsp Dry Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- Salt to taste
1. Heat 2 tbsp Olive Oil in sauce pan and saute 2 chopped shallots and 2 chopped garlic with little salt and pepper for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add 1 cup couscous, mix and toast them for 3-4 minutes on medium low heat or until it get brown in color.
3. Add 1-1/2 cups of vegetable broth, 2 tbsp Lemon Juice, salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the couscous is just tender and the broth is absorbed. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Fluff up the couscous with fork.
5. Take out couscous in serving bowl, mix together garbanzo, cucumber, orange segment, red bell pepper, olives, almonds, and cranberris.
6. Whisk all the dressing ingredients until smooth.
7. Drizzle over the salad and toss until all the ingredients are coated.