This is Ahmedabad's famous chat, which usually sells in Law (Love) Garden Area. I ate this on our first date after marriage. I was new to the city and never ate anything like that before. Later, I found that Ahmedabad is food capital of Gujarat, and there are many types of street food available. American corn is very big in Ahmedabad with so many shops and street vendors selling different recipes. This one does it for me though. It is spicy, minty, sour, and a yellow corn gives a little sweetness. I just love it.
- 2 cups Sweet Yellow Corn Cornels
- 1 Green Chilli, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Mint Chutney
- Chat Masala to taste
- Red Chilli Powder to taste
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Salt to taste
1. Boil corn cornels for 3-4 minutes in boiling water.
2. Heat oil and butter in the pan, add cumin seeds.
3. When cumin started to turn brown add, green chilli, corn cornels, and salt.
4. Mix well, and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir continuously.
5. Take out corn into the bowl. Add spoon full of mint chutney.
6. Sprinkle some chaat masala, red chilli powder, lemon juice, and serve.