Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mini Paneer Chilli Paratha & Awards :))))


Parathas are most important part of the Indian Cuisine. It's a flat bread, made with wheat flour, maida, and/or gram flour etc. Aloo paratha and Gobi paratha are the most famous of them all, not only in India but all over in the world. Paratha can be served as breakfast, lunch and dinner as well.

For the paratha filling, one can use any king a vegetables, spices, meats, and even fruits. I am not kidding, there is a shop in my home town which is famous for their fruit paratha.

Paneer Chilli is very famous Indo-Chinese dish, I love the spicyness of this dish. In this paratha, the filling has to be extra spicy, because flour will mellow down the spicyness little bit. Another thing to be careful and reason for these to be mini paratha is that when bell peppers are grated, they excrete some water, which in turn will make filling a little loose so smaller the paratha, it will be easier to keep it bound and rolled.

Ingredients:-
-- For Paratha Dough


  • 2 cup Wheat flour
  • 1-1/2 tbsp Yogurt
  • 1 tbsp Schezuan Sauce
  • 2 Garlic Clove, grated
  • 1 tsp Oil
  • Mint Leaves, chopped
  • Salt to taste
  • Black Pepper to taste

-- For Paneer Chilli Filling

  • 2 cups Paneer, grated
  • 1 Red Bell Pepper, grated
  • 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper, grated
  • 1/2 cup Scallion, finally chopped
  • 1 tbsp Green Chilli, grated
  • 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
  • 1 tbsp Red Hot Chinese sauce
  • 1/2 tsp Schezuan Pepper powder
  • 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp Ginger, grated
  • 2 tbsp Mint Leaves, chopped
  • 1 tsp Brown Sugar
  • Soy Sauce to taste
  • Salt to taste
  • White Vinegar to taste

Method:-

-- For Dough

1. In bowl, mix all ingredients and knee semi-soft dough. Cover with damp cloth.

-- For Pneer Chilli Filling

1. Heat 1 tsp oil in pan. Add garlic, ginger, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, scallions, and green chilli. Sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat until excreted water from bell pepper is evaporated.

2. In bowl, mix paneer, sautéd ingredients, soy sauce, schezuan pepper powder, brown sugar, salt, red chilli sauce, red pepper flakes, mint, and white vinegar.

-- For Paratha
1. Knead the dough again for 2 minutes and make small lemon size balls.

2. Roll this dough ball in flour and roll them into thick small puries with rolling pin.

3. Place about 1 tsp of filling in the centre of puries. Cover and seal the ends and dusting flour on rolling pan, roll again.

4. In the mean time, heat a non-stick griddle at medium-high flame.

5. Dust off the excess flour and place Stuffed Paratha on griddle and cook both sides until it’s cooked. Use non-stick cooking spray.

6. Serve hot.

Enjoy...

This is my entry to Srivalli's Roti Mela: celebration of Indian flatbreads.



I also send Italian Aloo Paratha. For this lovely event.



Enjoy...

I have received this 'Inspiration award ' from my dear friends Pravs, and Sailaja. I really appreciate this lovely award, I am blushing :))) Thanks a ton.
This 'Inspiration award ' started by Jamie of Flavor Pantry. Thank You so much Jamie for starting this lovely "Inspiration Award", like others Jamie also inspired by bloggers recipes, photos, and awesome posts.



This award is given to bloggers whose stories and recipes inspire us. Whether it’s to eat healthier, dive back into our past to conjure up something we ate as children, or just make the light bulbs in our brains go on with a new idea for a recipe."

As recipients of this award, please share with us what inspires you and then pass on the Inspiration Award to 4 other deserving bloggers. Please let them know what the award means and what to do with it.

I am inspired by:-

1. I am inspired by my mom who didn't even know how to make plain rotis when she got married, and in within a year, she was a awesome cook who knew many recipes from all over the world.

2. I am inspired by my dear hubby. He is very practical and always thinks logically. He enjoys each moment of life to the fullest, very calm person, always teaches and urges me how to be calm in any situation. Love ya.

3. I am inspired by Giada De Laurentiis. She had a chance to become an actress and she chose to become a chef and to become the one like her, best of the best, is very inspiring for me. If she wanted to become actress, it would have been easy from because of her family's film background but she chose harder path of becoming a chef and she did it very successfully.

4. I am inspired by all of you. When I see all these awesome blogs, I am inspired to make mine very good as well. Some of you have great recipes, some of you have great designs, some of you are very good writers, and some have wealth of knowledge and don't hesitate to share it. Yes my fellow bloggers, you guys inspire me a lot. Keep on blogging and inspiring....

I would like to pass this award to

Swati Raman Garg
Divya Vikram
Happy Cook
Ranji

Congratulations and Enjoy your award gals :))

I also received this awesome "Rocking Girl Blogger" from my dear friends Andhra Flavors and Sailaja. Thank you so much gals, I am excited and very happy :))



I love to pass this award to :-

Sireesha
Simply Aroma
Sugar craft

Congratulations gals, enjoy ur award :))

I am also tagged by dear Neha. I already did it so here it is MEME.


This is my entry to Letz Relishh – Paneer hosted by Jayanthy Kumaran - Tasty Appetite

37 comments:

ST said...

Congrats On ur awards!!!!!U deserve them all.Mini panner prathas are looking yummy and making me hungry...Thanks for thinking of me and passing the award to me.

Srivalli said...

madhavi..thas one lovely entry!..thanks..and congrats on your well deserved award!

Laavanya said...

Fruit parathas you say - that's unique indeed.
The chilli paneer parathas look great and just reading the ingredient list makes my mouth water!

Finla said...

Congrats with all your awards and thankyou for passing me one.
Those parathas looks delicious. I loved that paneer filling inside it.

EC said...

Congrats on the award...nice spicy parathas

Cham said...

Congrats Madahavi on your awards:) Love the gooey ooey parathas...

Swati Raman Garg said...

wah ji wah wahi ji waj wah ji wah wah wah .... ur hubby is one lucky guy haan ... u prepare such lovly looknig stuffs buddy...sahi... and thanks a ton for that award...

Madhavi said...

Thanxx Sireesha, and congratulations on ur award :))

Thanxx Sriballi :))

Thanxx Laavanya :))

Thanxx Happy Cook, congratulations on ur award too :))

Thanxx EasyCraft :))

Thanxx Cham :))

Thanxx Swati, my hubby loves paneer chilli so this is for him, congratulations on ur award :))

Rupa said...

Congratulations on your awards.Thankyou for thinking of me.Your Italian aloo paratha looks delicious :)

ranji said...

ooooooooo..paneer chilli paratha is simply making drool over and over again.....i have to wait for some time until i can make paneer and then make this ...till then i simply have to satisfy myself with these tempting photos:(..i dont know how long i can hold it....too good madhavi:))..
congrats on ur awards....u deserve them all...thank u so much to pass it onto me..1 more award i can be proud off:)...this award means a lot to me and i will treasure it so much:))

FH said...

Chilli parathas looks fab girl, mouthwatering! Great entry!:))
Enjoy your awards.

Uma said...

wow, those mini parathas looks so delicious, Madhavi! as usual your presentation is too good. congrats on all your awards dear! You really rock!

Illatharasi said...

Hi Madhavi, parathas look delicious:)
Congratulations for the awards!!!

Also, I'd like to refer you to this fantastic publisher program I have just joined with Foodbuzz! I think your blog would be a great fit. The program is designed to promote and drive traffic to your blog, foster a food blog community and provide a way to monetize your site should you choose to. It's awesome.
All you have to do is click the following link to fill out the Foodbuzz Referral Form. The Foodbuzz Team can then contact you asap!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=PHmE_2beDgRu9lXCecP7ezkA_3d_3d

Also dont forget to mention my name as referer 'Vanisri Narayana (http://illatharasi.blogspot.com/)

Illatharasi said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have added you to my blgoroll:)

Andhra Flavors said...

congrats on Ur awards. paneer chilli paratha sounds delicious.

Deepthi Shankar said...

looks yummy .. lovely entry

Jamie said...

Madhavi, what a great post! Your parathas are mouth watering. I see the word paneer and I automatically get hungry! Congratulations on your awards!

Namratha said...

Hmm another paratha bookmarked, it looks delish Madhavi, can't wait to try it. :) Congrats on the awards dear, you sure deserve them all! :)

mitr_bayarea said...

Madhavi-

first time visitor to your blog...congrats on the awards and your parathas looks smashing.

Sagari said...

parathas with chienese sauces ,wonderful recipe madhavi

Vaidehi Bhave said...

Hi,

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Parathas look great. thanks for sharing!

And Congrats on your award!

Vaidehi
Chakali

Sum Raj said...

nice cute mini parathas...ur presentation is dam good...mouthwatering dish...congrates on ur awards..

Meera said...

THose parathas are really delicious. Congrats on all your well deserved awards.

Suganya said...

Hi
The stuffed parathas look awesome. Nice and different recipe... Turned out perfect for u. YUM!. Congrats on ur award.

Indranee Batabyal said...

Hi Madhavi, thanks a lot for wishing me for the awards. Please visit my new blog and leave your comments. Congrats on your truly deserved award!

Swati said...

I love these parathas.. Congrats on your lovely awards and thanks so much for thinking about me.

Kalai said...

Love, love, love these parathas, Madhavi!! Congrats on the awards, dear! :)

test it comm said...

These look and sound really good! I am going to have to try making them.

Madhavi said...

Thanxx Rupamohan, I am glad u liked it :))

Thanxx Ranji, hehehe are banado jaldi se yaar, even tofu se bhi bana sakte hai :))

Thanxx Asha di :))

Thanxx Uma, happy u liked it :))

Thanxx Illatharasi, Sure I will join foodbuzz soon. m glad u liked parathas, and thanxx for adding me in ur blog roll :))

Thanxx Andhra Flavors :))

Thanxx Vegetable Platter :))

Thanxx Jamie :))

Thanxx Namratha :))

Madhavi said...

Thanxx mitr_bayarea for visiting, m glad u liked it :))

Thanxx Sagari :))

Thanxx Vaidehi :))

Thanxx Suma :))

Thanxx Meera :))

Thanxx Sukanya :))

Thanxx Indranee :))

Thanxx Swati :))

Thanxx Kalai :))

Thanxx Kevin :))

Thank You so much guys for ur lovely comments and support. It's always nice to find encouragement . Love u all !!!

Arundathi said...

congrats on your awards and that chilli paratha looks scrumptious!

Swati Raman Garg said...

dekho madhavi... 7th comment.. that me... main gayab nai hui ... main aati rehti hun .. :) sachchi... :)

Vani said...

Love the mini-parathas! They look so cute! ANd look tasty too :)

Hetal said...

Congrats on your awards.....so many lovely entries to thye roti mela..all look delicious.

Unknown said...

Madhavi,
You rock !! All the dishes are great ...

Rico said...

looks amazing and delicious ..thankx for sharing..saw you on foodbuzz

momsnetwork said...

I tried kottu parotta,but never tried this one..looking yumm...will give a try definitely..
_________________________
Good Pediatrician in Chennai