Before explaining why I am chatterbox, let me first start with my bread and butter in the blogger world, the recipe!!!
I love pasta and sometimes I eat pasta without any sauce or spices. Linguine means "little tongues" in Italian. It looks like Fettuccine though, just a tad thin. I saw this dish on chef Mario Batali's show "Molto Mario". This is simple yet delicious Linguine dish, no sauce needed. The best flavor comes from toasted bread crumbs. I used store-bought bread crumbs. One can make them fresh at home as well. This is my favorite pasta dish, since its a refreshing change from pasta dishes with heavy sauces. The important thing is to use little more Olive Oil and serve immediately because bread crumbs absorb all the liquid from the pasta and make them very dry.
- 1/2 lb Linguine
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 cups Bread Crumbs, seasoned
- 1-1/2 tbsp Cranberries, dry
- 2 tbsp Almonds, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Marjoram, dry
- 1/4 tsp Basil, dry
- 1/4 tsp Parsley, dry
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook linguine as per the instructions on the packet.
2. Heat oil in pan. Sauté chopped garlic for 1 minute.
3. Add parsley, red pepper flakes, and bread crumbs.
4. Toast bread crumbs on medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until they are little golden.
5. Add almonds and cooked linguine. Mix well.
6. Take out pasta in serving bowl and add cranberries.
7. Drizzle olive oil over the pasta and sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top.
8. Serve hot.
I got this good chatter award from dear Cham and Kamala .
Thank you so much gals for this award :)) I love to pass this award to Ranji, Subha, Divya Vikram, Bhags, Vandana Rajesh, Homecooked for being good Chatterjees :)).
First of all, thank you so much Archana for letting me know about this event :))
This is my entry to Monthly One Dish Meal Event hosted by Archana from Archana's Kitchen. She wanted me to participate in this lovely event with this dish. Thank you so much for hosting this great event :))
This is my entry to AWED :Italiano hosted by Dhivya.