Zucchini is basically a summer vegetable. It is also known as courgette or Italian squash. I have seen some yellow zucchini in the market as well. Both are used in Italian dishes, mostly in soups and stews. This is a perfect vegetable for grilling. In Mexico, sometimes zucchini flowers are used as a stuffing in Enchilada with cheese. Zucchini can be boiled, fried, bake, or eaten raw. It goes very well in savory as well as in sweet dishes. Zucchini tastes sweet and garbanzo beans have nutty flavor. The combination of these two really tickles the taste buds. This was the perfect bowl of soup for me when I was watching "So You Think You Can Dance :))) To top it off, my DH loves it.
Here's wishing everyone Happy "ID4". I am sure everybody is in their happy gears with summer shorts and activities for this three days vacation, me too :)) Be happy, be safe and have a blast with your family and friends!!!
See you all next week, Tab tak ke liye tata birla, and bye bye :)) he he he . Keep rocking!!!!
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 2 Zucchini, sliced
- 3 cups Garbanzo Beans, cooked
- 5 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Tomato, chopped canned
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Oregano, dry
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary, dry
- 1/2 tsp Basil, dry
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 5-6 cups Vegetable stock
- 10 Spaghetti strands, each broken into three equal pieces
- 1-1/2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar or to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in pan, add onion, garlic, carrot, salt, and black pepper.
2. Sauté them for 3- 4 minutes.
3. Add chopped tomato, tomato paste, red chili flakes, cumin powder, dry basil, dry, oregano, dry rosemary, paprika, and garbanzo beans. Mix well and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add vegetable stock, bay leaf, and zucchini. Stir and bring to the boil.
5. Turn down the heat and cover with the lid. Let it simmer for 30-35 minutes on medium-low heat. Stir occasionally.
6. After 30-35 minutes, add spaghetti and red wine vinegar to the pan.
7. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender but Al dente.
8. Add chopped parsley, stir well.
9. Serve Hot.
This is my entry to AWED :Italiano hosted by Dhivya.