This is Rachael Ray's awesome snack. This is very easy to make with just a few ingredients. I and my DH love this so much because of cheesy flavor of the beans. I think this is perfect for a movie night snack. Instead of popcorn or any other common snack, serve this nutty and spicy garbanzo with drinks. I usually add garlic for more flavor, the entire house smells awesome for some time while cheese is melting and garlic is toasting. Try this snack, I am sure you will like it and after all, who doesn't love a little crunch in their snack!!!!!!
- 3 cups Garbanzo Beans, cooked
- 2 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Red Chili Flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
1. Preheat non-stick pan for 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
2. Drain garbanzo beans very well. Add them into the pan and let it toast for 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. Add grated garlic, oil, salt, and red chili flakes. Toast for 1o minutes.
4. Add Parmesan cheese and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and is covering beans.
5. Let it cool just a little and serve with a little extra cheese sprinkle.
1. Drain garbanzo complete before putting them into pan, otherwise they won't be as crunchy as they should be.
2. Be gentle on salt. Parmesan cheese will infuse salty flavor any way.
Now it is time for Awards................. I received six awards in last few days. At this time imagine me standing on the podium with all 6 awards close to my heart and here comes the speech: I would thank my mom, my dad, my hubby etc. etc.etc.. and above all thank you blogger.com for creating a free site.....hehehehe....
Jokes apart, I am very very happy about each and every award and want to thank all the gals for your kindness and generosity. Here is the list of awards and who I would like to pass them onto:
Sireesha and Suma Rajesh passed me this Yum Yum award. Thank you so much gals :))
Ranji and Uma found me worthy of "Friendship Award". Thank you so much my dear friends :))
Vaidahi passed this "Rocking Girl Blogger" Award. Thank you so much :))
Indranee awarded "Giant Bear Hug" award. Big hug back to you as well :))
Hetal sent me "Make My Day" award and made my day special :))
Sripriya passed me " Nice Matter Award". Thank you so much for the award :))
You all are my friends, and I am inspired by each and everyone of you. I want to pass all these awards to all of you. All of you deserve them for sheer hard work, dedication, and keeping this blogger community alive and kicking. Please accept the awards. Love you all and keep rocking!!!