Moriyo is also known as Samo. We usually eat this while fasting. Moriyo is light and healthy. This is perfect for dieting. It is low in calorie and it has no cholesterol. There are a lot of ways to make this, such as khichdi, poppadum, puri, and even shira .
I always like fresh herbs in my food, as they help lose weight as well. I used fresh mint leaves in this dish. Mint gives perfume and flavor to the dish.
- 1 cup Moriyo
- 3 Green Chili, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
- Black Pepper to taste, ground
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in deep vessel.
2. Add cumin seeds. When they start to brown, add garlic, ginger, and green chili.
3. Sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add moriyo and toast for a minute.
4. Add salt and warm water into the vessel and stir well.
5. Cover with lid and cook until moriyo is cooked and creamy.
6. Serve hot with mint leaves and yogurt.
This is my entry to Divya's Diet Foods Event.
I am also sending this full of protein, and healthy salad to this event Sprouts Salad W/ Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette