Celebrate this upcoming Diwali with these delicious Spring Rolls, light and crunchy appetizer. You'll taste sweetness from the peppers and corn, mild onion flavor from scallions, and cheesy bite from paneer. I usually make and freeze them in advance so you can have fried or baked appetizer after quick thaw.
1. Thaw Spring Roll Sheets for 30-35 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan, and crackle 1-1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds.
3. Sauté 2 tsp chopped garlic with 4-5 chopped thai chilies (or to taste) for 15-20 seconds.
4. Add 3/4 cup mix corn, chopped red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Mix and cook it for 2 minutes.
5. Now add 1/2 cup chopped Scallions with white part in pan and again cook for 2 minutes.
6. Time to add 1-1/2 cups of grated paneer and mix.
7. Season with 1/2 tsp of garam masala, 1/2 tsp Chaat masala, and salt to taste. Mix well and let it cook for 2 more minutes.
8. Let it cool completely.
9. Mix 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour with little water, make thick paste and keep aside.
----- Spread the spring roll wrappers on the flat surface diagonally.
- Place spoonful of the filling onto the bottom corner of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper from bottom corner towards the top corner. Halfway through the fold, wrap the side corners on the wrapped portion. Continue to roll until it is completely wrapped in to a cylindrical shape.
-- Seal the roll with APF paste or cold water.
10. Deep fry them on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden all over. Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper.
Serve with Ketchup.