The combination of Rice and Cabbage is very delicious. I used some regular masala with one special ingredient - SPICED CHUTNEY POWDER (IDLI PODI), which gives different taste and texture to the Pulav. I highly recommend to use chopped cilantro with mint to enhance flavor and aroma of the Pulav.
1. Heat 2 tbsp Olive oil in pan, roast 10-12 Whole Cashew, 3 Whole Dry Red Chilies, 3-4 Green Cardamom, few Cinnamon Sticks for 25-30 seconds.
2. Crackle 1-1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds, and 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds.
3. Add 1/2 cup each Chopped Onion, Chopped Green Bell Pepper, and 1/4 cup Chopped Carrot. Sprinkle little salt and cook it until they will become little tender.
4. Now add 1 tbsp minced Garlic, 1 tsp Grated Ginger, and 1/4 tsp Green Chili paste. Mix well and let it cook for 20 seconds.
5. Add 2-1/2 cups chopped Cabbage, mix, and let it cook for 2 minutes.
6. Time for some spices. Add 1/4 tsp Amchur Powder(Dry mango Powder), 1 tbsp Cumin Coriander Powder, 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder, 1-1/2 tsp Rajwadi Garam Masala, and salt. Mix well and let the masala cook for 30 seconds.
7. Add 2-3 cups of parboiled Basmati rice.
8. Add 1 Roma Tomato, cut into cubes. Mix.
This is my special ingredient to my Pulav.
9. Add 1/4 cup boiled Green peas with Spiced Chutney Powder (Idli Podi). Mix all together and cook this Pulav for 10 minutes on medium-low heat with lid on and 5 minutes without lid.
Mix finely chopped 2 tbsp Mint and 2 tbsp Cilantro, sprinkle on Pulav and serve hot with raita.