In my opinion, Sweet Corn is second most popular soup in India after Tomato soup. Every restaurant has this soup in their menu, even small dhabas and college canteens. My DH once forced me to try this soup (I used to refuse anything other than Hot & Sour Soup), it was awesome and I immediately fell in love with it. -:) Try to make it with fresh corn, it is sure to taste divine. One can either use white or yellow corn or both together. Here is the recipe...
1. Pressure cook or Microwave 2 cups of fresh Corn Kernels with 2 cups of Vegetable broth for 6 minutes.
2. Blend corn with extra 1-1/2 cups of vegetable broth till smooth consistency. Keep aside 1-1/2 tbsp kernel.
3. Pour the blended corn through the strainer, pressing on the solids with a spatula, discard the solids.
4. Heat 1 tbsp Olive Oil in soup pan, add 2 tbsp chopped Green pepper, 2 tbsp Red Bell Pepper, with 1 -2 chopped Thai chili (Optional). Sauté for 2 minutes on medium high heat.
5. Add corn kernels, and mix.
6. Next goes in soup, and little salt and mix very well. Bring it to boil and turn down the heat.
7. Now dissolve 1-1/2 tsp corn starch in 1/2 cup of milk. Pour slowly in to the soup. Boil until soup become little thick.
8. Serve hot in soup bowls with pinch of ground black pepper on top along with chili vinegar and Soy Sauce on side.